1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Coming Out To Mom!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YesHomo, Aug 23, 2015.

1. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to come out to my mom first. I trust her the most out of anyone in the family. I've already come out to my friends and I'm open with it at school. But how should I go about it. I don't want it to be awkward. Can anyone give me some really crazy cool ways to come out? Thanks! :kiss: (*hug*) :help:

2. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Rip off the bandaid fast, is my advice. Tell her straight up. If you want a "cool" way to come out, then maybe give her a message in her food or something like that. Good luck!

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I'd go with a letter or something, it gives you a way to sort your feelings out and think it over very carefully...
    But she may be happier if you do it in person.
    However, are you sure you're safe to come out, do you know her stance on the LGBT community?
    My parents can be lovely but they'd break my girlfriend and I up if they knew we were dating and tell me I was confused and stuff. In extreme cases, it'd be unsafe to come out.