1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should I tell my friends I'm trans?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pikachu11, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Pikachu11

I recently discovered I was FtM trans, I am out to my parents and brother, but I want to tell my friends too. My mom has set up a appointment with a gender therapist but it is 2 weeks from now. Whenever I ask my mom when I should come out to my friends she always says that I should wait until after I've gone to the gender therapist. I feel like 2 weeks is too long to wait to tell my friends! I feel like I am trapped inside a home bubble and a school bubble. When I'm at home I'm in the home bubble where I am a boy and at school I am a girl and feel very uncomfortable. I want my friends to know so badly but I don't know if maybe I should wait until I've gone to the gender therapist.
    I would love anyone's opinion on this.

2. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You should do what makes you feel comfortable and if that is coming out to your friends before then do so!
    But if you want to play it safe, do as your mum says~
    (Sorry I'm not much help :/)
    Good luck!

3. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I'm for the 2 week wait. Play the safe card because better wait for a little bit than have possible troubles later. But as i'm not very familiar with the situation, I'm afraid I'm not of much help either...