1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may have outed myself or accidentally came out via facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyDude, Aug 23, 2015.

1. LadyDude

dIDiJUSTCOMEOUT_23_08_2015.png

First of all I have to explain that I'm only out to my friends (and my mother unfortunately) and I've always gone as an ally as far as everyone's concerned. I make LOTS of jokes about my sexual orientation. (As in hints in some coments or stuff that very fiew people figure out).
    And I think may have taken it too far this time and I'm not sure if it does sound as a coming out or just another one of my comments.
    I'm not ready to be out to everyone yet, I'm Mexican and we have a really homophobic culture. Here people who are considered open minded compare people who aren't straight to having a mental illness, hormonal dissorder, or having down sindrome, that's if they dont think it can be cured and is caused by sexual abuse or homonal dissorders.

Honestly I prefer to not be out for my own safety. And I want opinions on wether I should take down the post, if it does sound as a coming out or if there's a way I could save it as a joke.

Please help me.... I'm pretty much freaking out right now.

2. LadyDude

Help my crush saw it i dont want her to know god i'm crying please help me i dont know what to do im screwed god what did i do

3. FootballFan101

What was the post?

4. LadyDude

it's the picture

5. FootballFan101

Srry didnt see that you could tell them it was it joke but i dont know if theyd believe it if they dont id say youll be just fine

6. LadyDude

I dont think they would believe itwas a joke, I'm really scared
    people literally ask me if I'm queer on a daily basis because it's so fucking obvious andI always say im not because I know that would put me ina really bad situation due to our culture, that's why im scared
    i dont know how to make it seem like a joke
    I'm literally crying

7. Piglettigger

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would take down the post. Whilst you decide whether you want to be out or not, it's best not for the post to out you.

8. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Say you stayed logged in at a library or somewhere, or your sibling/friend did it as a joke. Maybe post something sarcastic and incredibly homophobic, that would definitely sell it as a joke but might make you look bad. If all else fails I'd recommend deleting it and pretending it never happened.

#8 baconpox, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  9. StartANewLifE

I'll take it down if it's mine. It doesn't look like you could keep it as a joke as it looks more like a 'personal' type of post.

10. BidiKlum

Hey, there, OK, so first of all, try to calm down. I know this feels horrible but you are going to get through this ok?? So take down the post, and if you feel like you may be physically or emotionally harmed by others for it, then post something like "Note to self: Change password." But on the other hand, you said people ask you all the time if you are gay, and it doesn't sound like they give you grief about it, do they?

As for your crush, if she is the awesome girl you think she is, she will be cool with a guy who may not be straight. I mean, she is friends with you right?

You are 18, right? That means that you will soon either be going off to college or moving out on your own, if you want to. Which means now is the time when it starts getting better. Now is the time when you can find your tribe.

You will get through this, I'm so sorry you feel so scared and sad...Hang in there and keep us updated ok?

big hugs. xx