1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

he's not allowed to see me ever again.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by adamattack, Dec 30, 2008.

1. adamattack

my boyfriend's parents told him that hes never allowed to see me ever again because the past few times hes seen me, he got home later than he said he would.

i feel terrible. he usually stayed with me later than planned because i asked him to. i fel like this is all my fault.

what do i do?? does this mean tat our relationship is over?? please help me im so confused

2. justinishere

Awww! I am so sorry this happened :frowning2:

You shouldn't feel bad. You wanted to spend time with the one you loved and that is exactly what he wanted to do to. I think that you and your boyfriend should have a talk with his parents explaining this. Tell them all you wanted to do was spend time with him and didn't mean to do any harm or disrespect their rules of having him stay out latter than he is supposed to.

I hope that helps! I never had anything like you two sound like you have going so I couldn't tell you exactly. But I would say they probably would understand.

Best of Luck and hope you and your boyfriend get to spend more time together :slight_smile:

3. Jace

Unless they don't know their son is gay, or disapprove

4. justinishere

Very true.... Do they know that he is gay/bi?

5. amberger

i'm so afraid of this happening with my girlfriend and i. Not because she stays late or anything, but because my grandparents (who i live with) don't know that i'm IN love with her. I don't want them to catch us in an embarressing situation. anyways, if his parents know it would be a different problem than if they don't know. So, do they?

6. summersforecast

Thats really drepressing buddy, so what I think you should do is continue to see him secretly, which would at least be very romantic. Or you could go with option b which is to have him talk to his parents about your relationship(acward for him but maybe they will be more understanding after that)

7. littledinosaurs

umm in the future i would hang out earlier in the day so he can get home on time?

8. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there anyway you could talk to them?
    Personally, I would see about apologizing to the parents and explaining that its your fault that you stayed out late and that if they were willing to give you a second chance you wouldn't let it happen again. I think at this point, so long as he lives with them, its best to try to abide by their rules so that you can gain their respect.

And yeah, and as others have already asked, do they know he is "gay/bi?"

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Jonah. If your bf is out to his parents and know of your relationship, the best thing to do would be to call them apologize for keeping him out so late. They were most likely just mad when she said that. If the two of you talk to them, they will probably change their mind. However, I think it is important to respect parent rules!

10. adamattack

his parents know all about us...
    and they hate me

i think they were just looking for a reason to say that hes not allowed to see me.....

11. Starshine16

It's not your fault.He didn't have to stay later just because you told him to.He did it on his own because he loved you so he was the one that made his parents mad by disobeying their rules.I am not condoning their behavior,but I am trying to point out that his parents nor you are completely at fault.He has to take responsibility too.

I think he needs to talk to his parents alone and apologize.Your presence may just push his parents over the edge if they reallt can't stand you.