1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he trying to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IamAninja, Dec 31, 2008.

1. IamAninja

My friend came up to my the other day and asked me vary causally "what would you do if i was gay?" I told him I wouldn't care, and he would still be my friend. But before I could ask anymore questions he completely changed the subject. Is he hinting somthing? He's on of those people that is annoyingly discreet:bang:..... I don't know, what are your thoughts. Maybe its just me being wishful.

Oh yah, sorry for any grammatical mistakes its three in the morning :icon_bigg

2. Greggers

110% Gay.

Gayer than a Macy's Day Parade.

3. IamAninja

The thing is he is currently going out with the girl i like (the guy I like is going out with the girl I like, funny how effing messed up my love life is) and im pretty sure he likes her aka i saw the holding hands/hugging/almost spooning and there always together... But then again Im with him a lot to.... and he does ask me for hugs more than he asks most guys.

I dont know... I need sleep

4. IamAninja

The thing is he is currently going out with the girl i like (the guy I like is going out with the girl I like, funny how effing messed up my love life is) and im pretty sure he likes her aka i saw the holding hands/hugging/almost spooning and there always together... But then again Im with him a lot to.... and he does ask me for hugs more than he asks most guys.

I dont know... I need sleep

5. IamAninja

double post..... how the heck did that happen?

6. Shevanel

lol but that just turned into a triple post ha. I wish this sorta thing happened to me, he's def most likely gay/bi, more likely bi if he's so affectionate with his girlfriend (and the mere fact he has a girlfriend), so that's really interesting. Does he know about you, if your gay/bi/straight/whatever? and if not, maybe "coming out" to him would further uncover the secrets that may lay b4 you. Who knows? figure out what you're gonna do first. I know its a tough position you're in too, liking both the guy and the girl he's goin out with. But who knows, maybe you'll become closer friends. or maybe he's just trying to get you involved with a threeway b4 you leave NJ lol (movie reference haha)

7. IamAninja

I don't like labeling myself it makes me feel confined, but no he has no clue.

8. Shevanel

yeah i totally hear ya man, i hate labeling myself, i only wrote bisexual up there cuz i know I like girls and guys. I'm just confused as fuck. anyway, what he said was definitely a test. like, idk, just talk to him.

9. IamAninja

I wish I knew his views on homosexuality. I should see if I can ask him subtly. And Its not like I can just come out because I got to a vary small private school where information travels fast, and I also have a friend who thinks all gay people are dammed (he's a super conservative Christian).

10. RaRa

Gaydar level 10.

I wish my friends would come up to me and say that. Your so lucky. :x

11. Lizz K

Maybe just ask him what he meant by that question. And if he ignores you further, it's definitely a sign that he's gay/bi. And if he talks to you, there are only two ways that can go. He's either gay or not. And at least you won't be sitting at 3am wondering anymore =].

12. IamAninja

so true, i get a nice 50 50 split :icon_bigg

13. Shevanel

lol yeah, basically eveyone else is right. Good Luck with whatever happens. I'm sure everything will turn out for the good, I hope it does. :grin:

14. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's probably hinting he's gay. I would talk to him more about it and see what's going on.

15. riddlerno1

Pull him to one side and just gently ask him about it. It sounds more than likely he is bi or gay and that might just have been the biggest step he took in addressing it and then it was too scary so he backed off. But its great that he was able to take this step foward with you.

16. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

He probably is, but don't force it out of him...maybe have a greater convo about it.

17. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

the word "curious" springs to mind.

18. EM68

I think he is trying to test the waters with you. I wouldn't press him too much unless he brings it up again.

19. summersforecast

He sounds pretty gay to me but maybe he's just wondering if your gay. My friend/crush does this to me all the time and I can't tell weather he is wondering if I'll reject him for his sexuality or weather he knows I'm hidding my sexuality from him... very confussing.
    He will say something like "that famous artist is really talented even though he's gay" and then wait for my reaction.

20. IamAninja

I think I have a plan!

1. Wait for subject to come up
    2. when subject comes up gently push him into the "are you gay?" question
    3. depending on his answer I'll drop the subject for a while or see how far I can go with it.