1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DietColaGoddess, Aug 25, 2015.

1. DietColaGoddess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm starting high school in two weeks! I'm tired of hiding who I am but I have no idea what to expect when I come out. My highschool is catholic and so was my middle school which was filled with a bunch of homophobic people. :help:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey there, some things to consider before coming out are:

Is it safe to do so?
    Will people at school be understanding? Will your school kick you out?
    Do they have a GSA? (Chances are that they probably don't?)
    Does your family know? Have you tested the waters with them? Throw out a couple comments about gay marriage and see how they react to it.
    Do you have any friends going to high school with you? Have you tested the waters with them? How did they react?

Coming out is really on a need to know basis, especially if you're going to a Catholic school. Number one priority for now should be safety. Weigh the pros and cons.

3. BidiKlum

Totally agree with Ariseta - make sure you aren't going to put yourself in harms way before you come out ok? Take care of yourself sweetheart. Worst case, you have to suck it up through high school - you can get through 4 years!