1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlueRazzberry, Aug 26, 2015.

1. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I feel like I'm in a tough spot. For one, I'm newly dealing with the fact that I'm gay, but I'm also dealing with seriously questioning if I'm trans or not. For now, we'll stick with gay.
    I've talked to my mom about me being gay, which I regret because I'm always unsure of myself anymore. She's fine with it but we haven't talked about it since and I wish she would bring it up. I know I'm gay but I can't get myself to break these barriers down that it's okay and it's not anyone's choice or business. I just care too much what people think. Anywho, my best friend from 3rd grade shared with me at one point that he thought he was bi and I told him the same, in seventh grade. His sister is a lesbian and the family couldn't care less, so, no worries there. We haven't lived in the same area for 7 years but I still feel comfortable enough to tell him I'm gay, but I want to know for sure that he still feels the same way about our friendship, since we don't actually talk a lot. He lives across state and I'm debating hitting him up and taking a trip over there to try to spend a weekend with him and hopefully break the news. My issue is the fact that I won't get over that barrier I talked about until I see a counselor. That whole process will take much longer than I want right now. I still plan on seeing a counselor but I want to be out and start looking for a boyfriend. I'm tired of hiding it and I'm ready to date again but I (obviously) don't want a girlfriend. I have a long way to go, as I've only told my mom, but I'd like to tell a friend. I have him and one other friend I could potentially feel comfortable telling this to, who also lives on the opposite side of the state. The other one is a girl. I love them both to death and would and have cried in front of them both. Should I make plans and tell them? Just one? Should I keep everything to myself and wait until I'm completely ready? I don't have anyone over here to tell, so these two are my only options right now. Thanks!

2. FootballFan101

If your coming out to the girl u may want 2 test the waters 1st

3. sharkweek

I think you'll be fine! If they don't accept you for who you are, then who are they to you anyways? But these people seem to care and you do as well. Best of luck!

4. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it'll make you feel better, tell them! :slight_smile:
    Good luck!

5. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    Can I ask why its different for the girl? Just curious as to your thinking.

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2015 at 09:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

6. BidiKlum

If these are people that love you then unless they have a super crazy homophobic side (which I guess you would have figured out by now) then I doubt this is going to change anything for them!

If you are nervous about the friend who you haven't admitted anything to yet (the guy
    friend you already told you were bi, right?), then maybe try to start the conversation by talking about gay rights stuff and see how she reacts to that first?

Good luck, I bet it will go great! xx