1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rambling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Meropspusillus, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Meropspusillus

I just visited some of my cousins for part of the holidays. I'm not out to them yet. It's just awkward being closeted after being so open at college: Especially because I probably heard the phrase "That's so gay" from my male cousins countless times.

It's weird because my cousin and I have been such good friends for our entire lives and we've always had a really strong relationship. Their entire family is very liberally minded, and I know, but I'm just sorta afraid of changing the whole relationship dynamic.

Another thing that unsettled me was at the dinner table my uncle was talking about two gay men he met at the gym: and he said "They're just different." And I just got this weird unpleasant feeling of alienation.

This isn't an advice thread, I know what I need to do. I'm going to come out to my girl cousin, who I'll probably spend spring break with, and just get advice from her about it, because she knows her family best.

I'm just ranting. Coming out to these cousins will be nothing compared to coming out to my fundamentalist christian cousins. This just seemed like a good place to vent my frustrations.

2. Cool Beans

Well, since you're not asking for advice, you won't be getting any from me. What you will be getting, though, is a hearty wish for good luck and a (*hug*).

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is a good place to vent. I know how awkward things can be around the family. Christmas my brother ( amilitary fellow) was talking about getting a tattoo, the rest were talking about what to get, and I almost said that he should get a "nobody knows I'm gay" tattoo. Thankfully it was an almost.

4. RaRa

I'd just like to say that I'm sometimes guilty of saying "that's so gay" too...It doesn't necessarily mean people are homophobic, it's like a new slang term for the youth.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Ben

Ben

Good luck with it all! Hopefully things will turn out well for you. (*hug*)