1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LifeAsWeKnowIt, Aug 28, 2015.

1. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey guys! so my friends all know i'm gay - i'm pretty much a stereotype, i'm vague about my love life, they found my tumblr etc etc.. - but i still haven't technically told them i am.. they've brought it up when we're all drunk but no one wants to confront me because they're not dicks! Last week though one of them said to me 'we all know you're a giant homo, why can't you just admit it'..it's something i've been struggling with for a couple of years now, and i have admitted and accepted it, though it's not really something i like to talk about, but that's less about the fact i'm gay and more about the fact i'm a pretty guarded person who doesn't share a lot of my thoughts or feelings at the best of times anyway.. so, i'm just looking for advice about the next step - i think a formal sit down coming out conversation would be awkward because they all know already?? or is this just me avoiding difficult conversations?? idk, anything would be helpful.. thanks :bang::bang::bang:

2. 50ishandout

Keep in mind that these remarks are coming from a guy who didn't Come Out till he was 51. Most everyone is going to be very supportive to you. Start with someone who you trust. Someone who you know will support you.

Once you say the words "I'm Gay " for the first time it's like a giant weigh gets lifted off you.

As far as people telling you they know your a homo as you say, don't judge everyone else by a few jerks.

Just say the words to someone, "I'm Gay ". You'll feel better.