1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A way I could maybe come out, without forcing and embarrassing conversation...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kodo, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the letter.

I have the drive, but I'm still scared mindless...

The printer is in my parents room, which is upstairs. If I wanted to "leave my letter out accidentally" by printing it in their room and never going to get it, thereby undoubtedly leading them to find it, would that be good or bad?

Would it be advisable to tell them that I need to talk to them, then give them the letter, so at least they were expecting something? I don't know, but I feel like it's a plausible option.

It's not really the "best time" though to come out, what with both parents already really stressed for various reasons. But will they ever be not stressed? And wouldn't it be worse to do it during a good time, thereby "ruining" the good season?

I guess what I'm asking is would you do this, to come out?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would personally wait until they were in a more "relaxed" mood if you can.
    It's up to you, and how you think your parents will react, but I think I'd leave it in a spot they'd find it, instead of "accidentally" stumbling upon it.

What I was thinking how I was going to come out to my parents was first tell them I want to see a gender therapist, then maybe a few weeks later leave my letter on their bed.

Good luck.

3. dcfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you need to do what feels right, the important thing is that you do it. i might deliver the letter with the note that you're ready to talk in more detail once they read.