How to forget my straight crush?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by andytimb, Aug 30, 2015.

1. andytimb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,
    I am being in a straight crush very badly, about 4 months now, and I am trying all the way to get over it, but I can't really! I really need your helps, from your experiences or so. Very much appreciated!

I am very close with this guy, we met since 10 months via a social event. He is footballer, a real athlete, quite macho style, very good looking and a good guy, a bit younger than me. He works for some sport event company. We play a lot of sport together as I myself am also an athlete, closet one. I have a serious crush on him since 4 months ago. We made sometime short weekend trips away from the city, we share the bed, we walk naked from the shower. We give sport massage for each other. All these make me really feel bad because I wanted him more, and everytime I am there with him, I can't sleep the whole night. He told me many times that he feels lucky to know me, and always feels good to hang out with me.

Now, back to my daily life, I keep thinking about him all day since early morning when I woke up before going to work. When I text him, if he does not answer (he's not very communicative on messages), my heart is just like pumping to check the phone for messages. I tried to talk to a gay friend for help, it did not work out. I am thinking of telling him that I am bi (as I had many gf in the past but no real gay lover), is that a good idea? I tried to stay away from him for 2 terrible weeks, but at the end I had to contact him again because my head was just exploded!

What should I do now? have you been in anything like that and how did you get over it? the option of finishing our friendship is also OK for me (because I would get less headache and heartbroken then being with someone, but 90% of your time is in pain). I am desperately looking for helps! Thanks you in advance!

Andy.

2. 050915

050915 Guest

Hey, Im not really much of a help here with experience but just for you to know you are not alone in this mess.. In think maybe you should tell him youre bi if that could help the situation in any way, because there is sort of nothing to lose if you just get miserable being with him because he doesnt feel the same :/
    I also recently realised that I have a crush on one of my best friends and it sucks knowing that she is 90% surely straight and also has a thing with this guy at the moment so :|
    I really hope you can get yourself feeling better and maybe find some new crush who could possibly like you back also :slight_smile::slight_smile:

3. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing you can really do is wait it out. I've had a crush on the same straight girl for 2 years. It sucks but it is also natural for us to get crushes.

4. bookandquill

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's happened to the best of us :slight_smile: I suggest going to a gay club/creating a dating account and putting yourself into the dating pool. Once you start getting concerned about real romance, it's easier to dismiss a crush.

#4 bookandquill, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015