1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stood Up?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Jan 1, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I was stood up for lunch yesterday, then again today. He told me we were going bowling, changed his mind and said he'd text me with details, which he hasn't done. I have a feeling I might be stood up again.

Should I stop dating him, I really like him.

And has this ever happened to you?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life sometimes interferes. Give him a call. "Hey, misssed you for lunch today. Everything OK? Give me a call when you get a sec." Then go about your life.

Lex

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

As I figured I called him and he is like you're so gonna hate me but I need to hang out with my sister tonight. He knows I'm upset but I just don't know.

I feel like I'm on some sort of emotional rollercoaster.

4. EM68

I would talk to him and find out whats going on. You need to let him know that you are not the type to put up with playing games. If he is interested he will get back to you if not he may not be worth it.

When I first tried online dating I met this guy and we emailed several times a day and talked a bit on the phone, but when it came down to meeting he canceled a few times. I emailed him then he never emailed me back, so I moved on. Now I am seeing a guy the I really like, he calls when he says he will and this Saturday night he is having me over for dinner, a couple of movies and whatever else happens. :grin:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, EC may be on the right track. You may simply not be a priority, in which case he shouldn't be a priority with him. But, also, sometimes we just get swamped. So leave him an "out" in case that's really what's going on. Say, "Well, sorry you've gotten swamped recently. Just give me a call when you're free and want to hang out, OK?" Then go live your life. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

We talked for a little and I told him I was upset, which I was. He felt bad and had a valid excuse. We are supposed to see some Disney on Ice thing tomorrow which isn't my thing, but it will be nice if we get to do it. I really like him.

7. NoLeafClover

Scold him with a huge smile on your face =D

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i really like this advice

9. summersforecast

don't dump him straight away see what happened, after all if you really like this guy then it's worth the investigation