1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to school/ to exchange student coming out????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Joey101, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Joey101

hi everyone.
    I am 17 i am a lesbian and out to my best friend and my parents, not to my sister.
    I wanted to come out, slowly over the next year. Not to my full school but at least at home and to some friends.
    the problem is it is public knowledge that I once had this crush on a guy of my class, who is aware of this fact as well, and of course thats nonsence. Even my parents know about how I was into him and how he told me that I wasnt his type.
    I would have to lie if I were to say that I didn't like him somewhat but even then I couldn't imagine kissing him or something like that. I simply excused it with my lack of experience.
    during the last years there were lots of rumours about me being a lesbian. for example I was once asked who is the hottest person in our class and I answered with a girls name or when I was caught looking at a girls butt durkng sports. saying stuff like "I like the shorts" isn't enough in many situations which is why I began talking about this hot guy of the school next to our own and how he had the most beautiful brown(? dont know the colour anymore) eyes.
    ps: this person did not exist :roflmao: (thats only funny now because I myself didn't even take into consideration that I might be lesbian until a few months ago)
    no one would believe me if I were to say that I am a real lesbian who might be really just a bit panromantic but cant imagine to ever do anything sexual with a man.

the same goes for my parents. I am pretty sure they simply assumed I am bi after I told them I like girls that way. my father said recently: "didn't you like girls anyway at the moment?" (thats a very free translation)
    but I am at the point were I want to put a rainbow flag on my wall, wear my rainbow bracelet and let my sister guess it (she is only a year younger, we are in a never ending competition about everything and she usually looses. last week she said: everybody knows I am the dumber kid. (I got talent for school, a big geek brain and thats it) I don't want her to use me being a lesbian as an explanaition as to why I am so "weird" or "not normal" as she calls me.)
    but then we are going to get an exchange student of Amerika. She is from a strict chinese family and will stay for a year. I know its a absolute bulls***stereotype that americans are super conservativ especially as they have gay marriage and we don't :slight_smile:tears:slight_smile: and after travelling this long she must have an open mind, but I know she had catholic lessons on her former school...
    I don't know her, she is 13 and I dont want her to out me in school.
    I want her to be like a sister to me (or more :wink: .... okay, only sister) but I dont want her involved if something goes to hell.
    actually I had a plan about outing myself slowly to different people that should know, but I just was informed yesterday that she would be here the next weekend and not in two months.

so if anyone really was able to read all this stuff, with my language mistakes and all those bracets () ....
    and with the sentence about america. seriously we ain't all stupid. less than 1% are nazis while 7,5% are gay). you got Star Trek you must be awesome. and if they don't change our damn marriage laws I am going to move anyways....

ok somehow I lost the thread. but its one in the morning, so I wont change it even though I will regret it tomorrow...

however: do you have a advice? should I wait for her and decide thento do what? do you say no rainbowflag before you are out or left school to be independent?
    I am happy about any advice. so thanks beforehand and a big hug for you all.(*hug*)(&&&)

#:sleep: