1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to them?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Witchcraft, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

About 2 years ago i had come out to some friends(4 friends)3 of them were supportive and said they suspected that I was gay.But one them was homophobic and said that she didnt want to be friends with gay people.To make matters worse she and one of my friends that was supportive asked their parents if they could be friends with gay people(wich i thought was one the dumbest questions someone could ask)then their parents asked who was gay and they outed me to their parents.later i lied to them and told all of them that I wasnt gay and that it was just a test to see what good friends they were but i didnt talk to my homophobic friend for a year but now were good friends and they all forgot about the incident and my homophobic friend isnt as homophobic as she was before. should i come out them?again

2. gaius

gaius Guest

I think at some point you should but are you sure they will support you this time? Because if one of them won't then just tell the others to start with and see how that feels ,I would never tell a big group all at once only the people I trust the most. Hope this helps

3. summersforecast

I think the three of them that were suportive then will be supportive now. As for the other one see how she feels about gay people before you tell her. Just casually bring it up while you're talking to her.

4. young92

i think you should take it slowly. and like everyone else said, make sure that you homophobic friend is not homophobic anymore before telling her.

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I think i might come out only to 2 of the supportive ones before the end of the school year then next year since im going to same highschool as my homophobic friend and another one of my supportive friends ill tell them that year.Thanks Guys for ur advice.

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you do come out to them, tell them and make sure they know why you told them the first time, then went back into the closet because this will be confusing for them too.