1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DanP, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DanP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 17 and I've known for most of my life that I was gay. I have embraced my sexuality over the years and I'm proud of who I am, but I am still not out. I feel so ready to come out, but I can't bring myself to do it. My mom somewhat knows, as she asked if I was gay, and I ended up telling her I was bisexual (which I'm not). I want to come out to my closest friend first, although I trust her completely, I can't bring myself to do it. I have told myself on several occasions that I will tell her, but the words can't come out of my mouth. Does anybody have any advice on coming out to help? Thank you so much if you do.

2. QueenM

I think you just need to take the plunge! If you want to do it and see no reason not to (i.e. you feel you are ready, you trust her, etc. ) sometimes you just need to push the words out no matter how nervous you are. It sounds silly, but treat it like a speech! Practice saying it in front of a mirror, even if you're saying two words or two hundred, writing it down can help to. I wish you the best of luck! (And New Jersians unite!)

3. mangotree

She already knows.
    If you can get that thought into your head, it might make the words come out more easily.