1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to come out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EWMK, Aug 31, 2015.

1. EWMK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so so so ready to come out to my best friend. I texted her last week and asked if she was a reliable one, she could keep my secret, etc. She said yes yes and yes. There are 2 days left to the school beginning day, I have to wait in 2 days to meet her and tell her but I think it would be a tough one so I need some advices what to say first and how to tell her

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

This is great! I'm sure it will all go well.

It might be hard to get her alone during school so you might have to be patient there, but if need be don't be afraid to say "Hey is it cool if we talk in private?" She'll probably be fine with this, especially since you've been texting her these things.

When I told my best friend in school I was kind of half-sure I was going to tell her. I missed a couple opportunities since I chickened out, but if that happens don't put pressure on yourself because that's normal. Anyway, when I was about to tell her my insides were going crazy I was so nervous. Then there was kind of this point where my mouth sort of took over and I just blurted it all out. She was totally cool with it and helpful. She's super accepting, too so I find it weird now I was so nervous. Even if you trust this friend, it's normal to get really scared about it, but as long as you trust them, it'll all go fine so don't let your nerves get the best of you. It's easy to start thinking the worst when you're getting close to telling her, but don't let that get in the way because it will probably go a lot better than you think.

To tell her I guess there aren't many ways to do it except something like "So you know how I was texting you asking if you could keep a secret, etc. Well there's something I want to tell you. *deep breath* I'm gay." So yeah. If there's something specific you want to explain first to work up to it, you could add that too, or anything else you want her to know. Anyways I'm sure it will go fine. Try not too let your nerves get the best of you, but don't put pressure on yourself if you can't get it out at first. I wish you the best of luck:slight_smile: