1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 3n, Aug 31, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Soooooo this girl likes me. She's really cool and everything and we've been best friends for about a year and a half. One OBVIOUS problem: I'm gay. I know she's going to ask me out VERY soon (overheard her talking about the homecoming dance and you get the point). How do i say no, without being mean or disrespectful, and tell her im not interested, and possibly come out? (sorry for the run-on sentence there) :bang:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just say it how you'd want someone to say it to you.

Or something like "Hey, you're really (insert a word that you think fits her for example: cool, pretty, laid-back, awesome) but I'm not really interested in being more than friends with you (Optional: "because I'm gay.") I'm sorry."

3. pde

pde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you could say something like "I'm not really into girls" if you want to sound more casual or avoid directly coming out.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'm not into dating anyone right now, so I wouldn't make a good date and I don't like to dance, but I do like you and enjoy being your friend." Optional: "It may be because I am gay, and most of the dances are designed for straight couples who are dating each other, not two guys."