1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about groups at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MOS KONIG, Jan 2, 2009.

1. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

The thing is; at my skool, we have lots of diffrent groups. Like:
    Drama, Bohemian, Artistic.
    Socioelite, Elite, Rich, Noble.
    Jocks, Sports and stuff.
    Nerd, Dork, Loser.
    MetalHead, Rocker.
    They are not in conflict between. But they are very distant eachother. But if you are in one, you have to be in one. So far, I always been in the Socioelite group. But my interests moves towards the Drama. The problem is, I don't understant them. They style of living. Most of my BF and crushes comes out from the Bohemians. This distance between the groups is a real problem in my current relationship. Because if I hang out with the Bohemians, Socioelites gets mad at me. If my BF comes and hangs out with us, Bohemians gets mad with him. I'm so confused about it. This group thing is coming out of control. Do I need to choose one?

2. -Michael-

Well...i think that completely mental.

Comforming to ONE group.
    Be yourself!
    Do things that interest you, even if the rest of your clique don't

3. Absentminded

4. summersforecast

ha thats ridiculous they will allow you to be in as many groups as you choose personally im in the nerd group which is also the "socioelite" or honors coarses. My school really doesn't care about this but perhaps thats just because it's so getto.

5. cjtom

cjtom Guest

When I was in high school there weren't groups like yours, although there was a mutual understanding of where everybody sat at lunch times and breaks etc. I think its good to an extent. It might not promote intergration but it avoids certain conflicts!

6. partietraumatic

is this an american thing,coz my school hardly has any of this...there are 'nerds' and there are those that are good as sport but theyre hardly like 'jocks'...plus me and my friends wouldnt fit into any of those categoroies!!

7. Étoile

This is just plain ridiculous. I thought this only happened in movies. :lol:

At my school, we don't have these type of cliques thankfully. We do have jocks, nerds, rockers, artsy folks, and stuff but we all do other things too, like a kid I know is in our Comedy Club and on the wrestling team, and we just ignore each other's social group and talk with each other.

If you like a guy in the 'Bohemian' group, then date him. Don't let stupid social groups stop you from dating who you want. BTW, what is considered a 'Noble' at your school? LOL Are they royalty or something?

8. biisme

Be the change you want to see in others. (someone said that......)

Be around who you want to be around. Maybe the rest of the school will realize how ridiculous this is.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's intentionally, really. We just like people we can relate to, so we tend to hang out with those with whom we feel a kinship. So the jocks tends to hang out together, for instance. They're not being exclusive. They just can chat about football more with other jocks than with the arty crowd.

That said, talk to anybody you want, in any group you want. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. sdc91

Ah, well, he's from Austria.

Anyway, I'd say make friends with whoever you want. If the groups get mad, they're not your real friends. Do you REALLY need to belong to a group? Anyway, if you and your boyfriend are really close and you can't see breaking up with him at all, then hang out with the Bohemians a bit more.

11. RaRa

What is this mean girls?

Hang out with whoever you want.

12. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is exactly what I was going to say, so I'll just quote it instead of re-posting it...

13. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Thats kinda wierd I think you should just hang out with who ever you want its your choice not theirs.At my school we have like 2 groups of people the ones that love to do sports and things like that.And then theres the one im in, wich im not sure how to describe it but the only reason theirs is 2 groups is becuase we hate each other but that doesnt mean we cant be friends with people from the other group.

14. TylerGChandler

Haha couldn't agree with you more :lol: hang with who you want break boundries.