1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I'd feel safe

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ekbizin, Sep 3, 2015.

1. ekbizin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I stated in my welcome post how I wasn't sure about my sexuality. Welp, still haven't figured it out, but being in my home really isn't helping me any. I was raised and taught these kind of things were wrong, my dad is a pastor and he openly states his dislike for gay and trans people almost all the time. I think the only thing he knows right now is my support of the community, and he seemed pretty upset over that. It just makes me kind of fearful how he'd react if I came up and said I wasn't sure about it or anything like that, but I know telling him is inevitable. I'm gonna have to eventually do it, and thing is, I've got like two years until I can actually move out of the house. My original plan was to wait until then, see if I actually had things figured out, and then just break to him and my family over the internet. I know that'd be the safer alternative, but then there's the question of if I can wait. In these two years I may decide, and it might become too hard to keep a secret anymore. I'm not even sure how I'd go about telling him if that were the case, but seeing how he reacts over me just supporting the LGBT community, I'd really hate to see how he reacts over his daughter being a part of it.

So my question is, do I wait the two years and play it safe, or what? Because I'm not even sure how much longer I can keep quiet.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't come out to your parents until you know you're safe. Sorry if it's stifling, but your physical safety is important.