1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KingStitch, Sep 4, 2015.

1. KingStitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. I need help. I am all ready out to my family as a 22 yr old female lesbian. But my dilemma is that I feel more comfortable as a Male. I have felt like one since before I figured out I was a lesbian. I feel more comfortable as a male and people see me more as a guy any way. I have really been considering to transition to FTM but I am worried about what my family will think. Mainly my Parents, I told my mom I has a dream about it and her facial reaction wasn't so pleasant. I am still considering it because I have an older cousin who I am close with is a FTM and he is supportive and going to lead me to the right help. But I still don't know weather I should or not :icon_sad: I have the support of my girlfriend I told her that and she said she saw me more as a male and she was okay with it so she uses he pronouns and calls me her King

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to gain your parents approval, then don't. But from what I'm getting from here is that you want to. Following your wishes over your parents-it's tough to decide, but I'll follow my own dreams. I get advice from them, but I don't follow them exactly. In the end, for good or bad, it's your own body and life.

Since everyone already sees you as a guy, why ever not? If you want to come out to them you could sit them down (preferably when they're in a good mood) and tell them. Telling them that you won't change is a start. If everyone already sees you as a guy, what change will it make? Nothing so major that it'll be so life-changing in the long run. Whatever you're more comfortable in, it's your choice to act on it.

Good luck with coming out, though! And kudos on getting such an accepting girlfriend.