1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help in less than 24hours

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lordjord96, Jan 2, 2009.

1. lordjord96

ok so tommoz i will be going to the cimema with my girl mate (she knows im gay) and my brothers gf (she knows) my brother and my brothers mate (they dont know). should i come out to them or not?:help:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is really up to you if you want to come out to them. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with it. It seems that your brother would be the first one from your family to know. Generally, it is a good idea to come out siblings first before coming out to your parents, as it gives you some support. If you think and know that your brother will be accepting and supportive, I don't see a reason why you should not let him know. Is your brother older or younger?

That said, I do think that if you want to come out to your brother and if he is an important part of your life, I would suggest that you tell him when you two are alone. He might suspect something or he might not but talking with him alone, you also give him the opportunity to talk to you about it. I think it is important that you show him that this is something really important to you and that you might or will need his support. With his girlfriend and friend and your friend around he might not be as comfortable talking with you about it if he needs to. I think it would be good if you give him that opportunity to do so as well.

What you could do, get together with your brother before the movie, maybe over a coffee and talk with him. After that if you still want to come out to his friend, come out to his friend.

I hope this helps a bit! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

3. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    it depends .. coming out to family is always the hardest cuz family is irreplacable..
    you can always ask you gfs you help you out with it

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do the two "in the know" know that the others don't know? And that you may not want them to know? If not, you'd best rectify that situation tout suite.

Lex