1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my sister knows, but not my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Canterpiece, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So um the other day I was having a conversation with my mum about who I wanted to stay in contact with after we move. I mentioned a friend who I had previously dated before and she said "oh (name) is that the one you were really friendly with before?". I said yes because we had technically dated even though we weren't attracted to each other.She says stuff like "I can't wait until you have a boyfriend and a ton of cats together" and I just feel like the whole situation has given her false hope.

I'm joining college soon and I want to be more open about things, but I don't really know how to go about it. I mean part of me worries that I'll be a disappointment somehow. :confused:

If you read my other post:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/190645-i-came-out-my-ex-boyfriend-he.html

It explains the situation pretty well, but I'm not sure how to bring it up. I feel like I should because I'm sick of the "your future boyfriend" comments and stuff like that.

Also
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/189140-how-do-i-should-i-come-out-my-parents.html

I'm pretty sure my sister knows. On the sims, she set my sim up with some random woman and when I logged in I found that my sim was married to this random sim. Whenever she says gay slurs by accident like "that's so gay" she apologises to me. I'm not really sure though if she knows or not.

My sister has a boyfriend these days and I'm worried if I come out that they'll like her better. I mean I suppose I could live with that, but still. I don't know I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't then I apologise. :slight_smile:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sisters are surprisingly observant. I didn't actually come out to my little sister, she kind of just hugged me tightly one day and said she was proud of me no matter what and that she always kind of knew it. It took me a good while to figure out what she was talking about.

Maybe she'd be the first person you could come out to?

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sisters know and in my case, it ended up helping me. Both my sister and my mother were not Homophobic as I was growing up, but we never talked about that kinda stuff. I later found out that when my sister suspected I was gay, she spoke to my mother. At first I was mad, but they both told me how supportive they were and my sisters noseyness payed off!