1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay what the hell.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lizz K, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Lizz K

All right. So it started on Halloween. I went to a party one of my best friends from karate was throwing, and I took my other best friend along. Well I get there and I see this super beautiful girl walk out of a truck with her boyfriend. Ten minutes later her and I are talking and I, of course, am hitting on her like no other. As the night goes on, and as the drinks keep going, she ends up getting allll over me. She had already told me that when she's drunk she gets very handsy with girls (what girl doesn't?) so I didn't think much of it. But then I'm out back with a few people and she starts texting me all this stuff about how she wants me and all that. So I'm thinking this is fantastic, forgetting that she has a boyfriend, and text back and stuff. Later on her and I go out back so she can bitch about her boyfriend who was being an ass. First he's pushing the two of us on top of each other, which neither one of us minded, and then he's like locking her in his car screaming about how he can't believe she would rather talk to me than go to sleep. So after a few minutes of that she's on top of me and we end up making out for half an hour. As the weeks go by her and I are texting constantly, since we go to different schools it's difficult to see each other, and she knows that I really like her. And she's said she feels the same way. Then she invites me and a few other people (including my karate friend and the best friend I brought with to Halloween) to her house for a girl's night. And since she's sort of figuring out her sexuality she's not comfortable talking to me flirtatiously in front of others, even though most of the people there knew about Halloween, so she texts me still about all this stuff. And she's like "I want you to make the first move. If you want me, come get me." So I do. And again the making out lasts half an hour but this time it's really intense. Then her and I end up falling asleep together on her couch, spooning style. I have my arm around her and we're holding hands and everything, and when we wake up in the morning we go at it again. A week or so later she comes over and, to spare the boring details, we have our half hour again. We haven't seen each other since because I've been grounded for two months, but we were texting all the time for a while. See, we were in this "relationship without the commitment" thing. Now she hardly talks to me, but when she does it's just like it used to be. And we were supposed to hang yesterday, but she never texted me or anything and it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure about what I should do, but I'm sort of in denial and I just can't handle having my heart broken for a second time in less then 6 months. What the hell do I do?

Sorry about the length.

2. jazzrawr

This is a pretty crap situation.
    By the sounds of it, she's pretty confused...and you're not. Is she still with her boyfriend?
    If so, she's got some things to figure out before you go any further.
    The first thing is, what do you want out of this? Do you want a relationship, or just the friends with benefits thing?

3. Lizz K

She is still with her boyfriend, but I know they've been having a lot of trouble lately. She's one of those afraid to be alone types...I've wanted a relationship from the start, but I decided to try this out and see how I dealt with it. I'm not bothered by it like I thought I would be. What bothers me is the intermittent talking that's going on. I understand she's confused, but that's sort of why I'm here...

4. Pendrin2020

I like your signature. very true.

Just take some space and ask what you want from this relationship. Then ask yourself if she is game for that, Ask HER if she is game for that too. Also take into consideration the fact that she is already in a relationship with someone who seems a tad controlling.

Is it worth the drama. Some relationships are. Ask yourself if this is one of them.

Are you attached to her or are you attached to the idea of being attached? I had a three month relationship end in heartbreak when I realized that I wasn't crazy about her, I was crazy about being crazy about someone.

Just food for thought.

5. Lizz K

That is some very thought provoking advice. But definitely thoughts I need to have. Thank you.