1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill two birds with one stone???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItsFermata, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ItsFermata

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, recently I've discovered that I'm bisexual and MtF trans. The thing is, I'm not out to my parents, so I can't really do anything at the moment. For example, there's an LGBT support group nearby that I want to go to, but I can't just say, "Hey, can you drop me off at this place that I can't tell you about?" I've wanted to come out for a while now, but I'm not very good with in-person things. So, I'm going to write a letter. The only thing I can't decide is if I want to come out as both bi and trans at the same time, or just do one at a time with a certain interval in between. What do you think I should do?

2. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Do whatever you are most comfortable with, are your parents accepting of LGBT? I know Seattle is really liberal so they probably are.

3. ItsFermata

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To be honest, I just want to get everything out of the way at once. I just don't want to drop two bombs at once, in case it's too much for them to process.

Yes, you're right. Seattle is probably the most liberal city in the country, being the birthplace of the infamous Utilikilt. (Yes, people actually wear those things. One of the weirder things about living in Seattle. :eusa_danc

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think that's a good idea to come out as bi first and then once they get used to it mention being transgender a week or two later. and ewww those kilts are gross lol. When I went to seattle I didn't see anything like that o-o