1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my mum, any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hazer, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Hazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm 14 and im a lesbain, I've come out to some of my uncle's, cousins, friends and my dad. But I'm scared to tell my mom, not even nervous its like a paralyzing fear, I don't know why though. I know she'd accept me for who I am and that it wouldn't really change much but I've been putting off telling her for over a month. She has no idea at all, she expects me to have a boyfriend and thinks I have guy crushes, I've never really had that many guy crushes but I've had loads of HUGE crushes on girls over the years. I just don't know how to tell her and I don't know if I could do it since I'm easy enough to upset or put off.

I know I'm rambling so I'll stop at - any advice?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far. Glad it went all so well. :slight_smile:

How would you feel about coming out to her in a letter or a brief note? Writing down your thoughts on what you would like to say could also help in building the courage to come out in person.

Another thing you could try, and if possible, is asking your dad for support. Sometimes it helps if someone else is close by or perhaps even in the room.