1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The difference between types of "Looks"?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greggers, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Greggers

Ok, so this topic was spurred on when tonight at dinner a *Really* cute waiter was giving me "eyes" or "a look" or whatever you want to call it. However, i have NO gaydar so i really have no clue what the look was or ment.

So here is the question part:

What is the difference between someone looking at you out of attraction and someone looking at you cause of something else (what your weraring, if you look funny, ect. ect.)

What are the give-aways that your getting a look cause someone is attracted to you? Im finding its not so easy to tell when another looks at me. I want to go to the star bucks near me that i heard a really cute guy works at, whos apparently all my friends think is gay. They are trying to get me to go check him out, and honestly i think im going to go stalk him cause im just THAT desperate :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Im going to drop some hints that im gay ("Ow! I spilt some coffee!" *flail wrists*) and its going to be a very fun experience haha, but i need to be able to judge his response.

2. davo-man

Generally the way I look at it is whether they actually look back at your eyes, and hold the look. Like there's a total difference between a guy looking at you, assessing who you are, then moving on, as opposed to a gay guy looking at you, checking you out, waiting to see if you look back, etc

3. Ben

Ben

I'm not sure that there is a particular way to tell... everyone has different ways of presenting themselves and body language is not too easy to read. For example, some people would cross their arms out of subconscious hostility, whereas others will simply do it because they're cold.
    Maybe look at where they're looking. If they give you "the look" in your eyes it might mean they like you. If they give you "the look" above your eyes it might mean they like your hair. I don't think there's an easy way to read someone's mind.

4. summersforecast

I wouldn't know after all I spent years thinking a straight guys was giving me the eye of approval but apparently not. Anyways are you sure this guy isn't just after a tip? After all he is a waiter. I agree with Invisible that there's no easy way of reading minds but you should go have your fun flurting with him after all whats the worst that could happen?

5. TheRoof

lol i often think about the same thing lol
    i can never tell...XD