1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Courage (HELP NOW PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noodle72, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a really good position to come out for the first time, but I don't know if I can actually do it.
    I'm talking to my friend who I've been planning to come out to on Skype chat, and I have a message ready to send her but I just can't work up the courage to actually hit send.
    In case it helps with giving advice, here's the message:

(friend's name),
    I don't really know how to go about this
    because I haven't told anyone this before.. but here it is I guess..
    I'm transgender..
    I am such boy
    not such girl
    okok

I wanted to keep it nice and short with my personality in it, and I think I did that pretty well.
    I don't feel the need to include answers to possible questions because if I'm chatting with her, I can just answer them if she asks.
    I just need to get the courage to actually hit send. Any advice?

#1 Noodle72, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need to do this now! It will make such a difference in your life and you will have a great relief from you shoulders. Please do it it's especially easy sending a message and then she can start asking questions instead of you initiating the conversation.(*hug*):thumbsup:(!)

3. Stevie of Sorts

Out Status:
    Some people
    This seems like a perfect opportunity! You seem so ecstatic, so I'm pretty sure you're ready. I say go for it! Good luck!

4. AnthonyC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are ready to take that step, so you should go for it. Like all decisions, you always have to weigh up the pros and cons. It could be the best thing for you to do. If you get a positive response, then you could have a bit more support, which is always good to have.

5. Ivory James

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I'm afraid I just try not to think about it and just do it, then once it is done you can't go back and you can think about it and feel great about it. You get so much adrenaline and energy from this. Good luck!

6. GreenPanRose270

When I'm about to come out to someone I go on Youtube and watch those really happy and emotional coming out videos to convince myself. It kinda hypes me up in a way. Then I make like Nike and just do it!
    I actually came out to someone in person for the first time ever today :3

7. 50ishandout

I've been Coming Out since March. Today due to me liking some rather erotic pictures on Facebook and a couple of friends that knew I was Out called me, I decided to Come Out on Facebook.

It's been one of the most humbling days of my life. There was over 100 comments on my post. Everyone positive. I received calls, text messages and Facebook messages. All supportive and loving.

Open the door once you do you'll realize it's OK to be Gay.

#itgetsbetter is so true.

8. dm3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you think your friend is ready for it, you should go for it! But what I just said is not completely true, most important is that YOU are ready to come out. It's such a relief when you can be 100% honest with somebody. I know it can be scary, but you will feel so much better afterwards. Good luck!

9. alli o

alli o Guest

I am so happy that you are finally ready?

10. Mateo

I did something like this just recently with a private facebook message to my brothers. I had it all typed out and ready to go. hovered my mouse over the send button, closed my eyes, took a deep breath and clicked send quickly and spontaneously so that it was sent before I had the chance think about it.

I know that sounds weird but I have a tendencies to argue with my self about stuff I want to do and I usually have to do things quickly and spontaneously before my mind has time to catch up and argue.