1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JohnB, Sep 8, 2015.

1. JohnB

I did, the moment it happened, self worth +50 x10. I feel like I don't wanna settle for anyting less than what will make me happy in life(which should be an overall attitude to have). Weight off of shoulders. I wanna be there and sincere with family and friends(feelings and what not). I want to be more outgoing and strive to be someone I want to be comfortable as. (Having goals and ambition is sexy af to anyone, well anyone you'd like to attract anyway) I want the kind of haircut I want. I actually have a sudden interest in caring about what I wear and not shying away from wanting to look presentable to what I feel. (Not gonna go full on 'fabulous', though in my own way anyway. Lol).

Feels good. Literally an hour ago. We talked and it actually felt good talking to her. Asked her to keep on 'downlow' until I can come with further terms with being out and finding more about who I am.

One person(Two if I count that one psychologist whom I went to see to find out why I wanted a getaway) I'm out to, other's will be informed when the time comes. I love life. And I am happy to be out and to someone I can trust because hiding in the closet, you feel low and I questioned my friendships due to trust issues. And coming out makes you realize you do deserve and begin to appreciate anyone you attracted into your life. It feels great. I'm sorry this is long, and think.may come a bit 'preachy' to some, but I do not care, because it feels awesome and I must express it. One step/day at a time.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Glad things went good. Every time you come out to someone friendly, its going to be this boost of confidence and it'll feel really good. Good luck on your journey to come out to other people.

3. Sky82

That's so cool things went well for you :slight_smile: like Ariseta said, it will boost the confidence for the future :slight_smile:

4. azuky

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's always good to have someone that supports and loves you for who you are. Good for you. :icon_bigg :eusa_clap :thumbsup: (!)

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations! It's always an amazing feeling when your best friend fully supports you. :slight_smile:

6. Beingmewithlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    aw Congratulations! Same happened with me! Both of my best friends were super happy and supportive! one of them was even more happy than me that he was the first person in this whole world to whom I came out..haha..looking forward to come out to more and more people! Its such an amazing process :slight_smile:

7. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Niiiiice.