1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Kinda) came out to my roomies

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by amytrikru, Sep 8, 2015.

1. amytrikru

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, yea...
    One of my roommates posted a rainbow sticker with "Stop homophobia" written on it, and I know she made out with a girl on a party. I was genuinely happy about the sticker since I myself was trying to find one. When asked her if she is a supporter or a member of LGBT she was like "No... As straight as I can be. But I support them. How about you?"; and I was like "A member". She was totally confused and didn't know what a "queer" is (which is strange for the community and environment that we live in- almost everyone is open-minded and knows a lost about LGBT), so when she saw, she was stunned and couldn't even look at me (not that I mind, but ffs, we're about to spend 9 months in 2x2 bunk bed room). Not to mention talking to me. At least not until I started laughing saying that it was a joke. Childish, I know. -But I have the need to tell some of my friends that don't know yet first, before everyone finding out. I don't get why are people so afraid(? maybe not the right word. Nvm) and self-centered when it comes knowing a queer, like it is about them. As if I'd ever look at her in that way (really not my type. Not that I have one in particular, but definitely not her). Idk. I don't really care what most of the people think, but I need to be considerate about people around me. And I don't know why I'm even writing this, but the frustration would've gotten me to smash things and put the girl in her place - what would result in her being intimidated by me 'til the rest of her life - so instead... Here I am. Again. :bang:

2. Ivory James

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That definitely seems frustrating and i am sorry, although that may not be what you want to hear. As for telling her, I think you should be honest, and tell her that it was not a joke, everybody goes through phases for things like sexuality(I don't know why), and she might just take a little longer to accept yours. If you are willing, I would just wait for her to do so, and if this doesn't work, can you ask for a different roommate if you find someone that is willing to switch.