1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aria221, Sep 8, 2015.

1. aria221

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I may sound desperate in attempt to get attention. I just don"t know what to do at this point. I am a 25 year old female in a committed relationship, who has no idea what she's doing.

I tell myself that I'm happy. Convince myself. Is this normal? I know it seems and looks normal but it doesn't feel normal to me.

I've never been one to label myself as anything while growing up. I always had an open mind. Dating both female and males without thinking twice. Just going on gut feelings you know? Whatever felt right at the moment is what I went for.

I just moved out of state with someone who would seem to be the person of my dreams. Wants the best for me, all of that bullshit la di da.

I don't want it....him... I don't find his body attractive or desiring I don't want anything that I used to want in him I just DON'T.

Every time I try to piece things together it just doesn't match up and then i talk to HER.
    I talk to her and everything comes together and I am calm and happy and I see the picture forming once again.

Am I gay then? Do I label myself finally?

I thought that I was so open minded to love everyone and love was free and blah blah blah.

I don't think it is.

I think I have realized in two years that the male figure is in itself beautiful...but not for me.

This scares me.

At this point in my life I am with a male. A man that would give me the stars and the moon if he could.

Still, I lye here unsatisfied.

Do I act on impulsion?

Or do I stay dormant?

Like I said, I need help. I just don't know who to ask it from.

2. alli o

alli o Guest

I honestly wish that could be like you and stay open minded and just be fine without a label (till I found the right one) but I always find it that to be "happy" I need to know who I am and the specifics I cant just "go for whatever". So great job to you with having an open mind I aspire to be like you in that way! Also to actually answer your question you seem to know exactly what you want you seem as if you know that you are gay this guy definitely isn't right for you shouldn't have to "trick" yourself into liking someone you will know when it is right (like the girl) so my advice is when it comes to a relationship if you aren't happy why stay just go for gut and you will end up with the right person! Did that help? if not comment on my wall with any further questions!

3. dre05

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh man!!
    I'm in the same exact position right now!!!
    I have been in a 3 year relationship with a man that would give the world for me and I'm not into it anymore..
    I'm with him at this point because I'm sacred.
    Scared of hurting him
    Scared because I had a really bad coming out when I was 15 and I decided I would just lie and keep hiding...
    I also have a HER who makes my world go round but for me this her is the her that I came out with when I was 15 and to my family she is the DEVIL so at this point..
    1. I hurt my bf
    2. I hurt my family.
    3. I keep it all in and hurt HER and myself for never really being honest and giving us a chance.
    I hope we can get some answers cus I really don't know what to do right about now...
    I want to be happy and I sour like I'm all open and ready to be happy but I also realize that I'm a VERY SELFLESS person and I hate hurting other people...
    For the past 6 years I have been hiding who I am just to keep everyone around me at peace.

4. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi aria.

Have you had relationships with other males before where things have 'come together'?
    Was this the only female so far where you have felt that way?

It seems to me, as alli o pointed out that you answered your own question...

I think your main struggle is the idea of this label, which you don't think you fit the stereotypes/perceptions of, maybe?

Just remember that being 'gay' just means that you are attracted to members of the same sex, and that's all that it means.
    Being gay does not mean you act or behave a certain way.

A man could be able to give you everyTHING, but if a man can't give you that feeling, you will never feel satisfied.

As alli o said you will know when it is right.