1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still in the closet but my crush is flirting with me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThatFabGuy, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ThatFabGuy

Ok, so i have a problem. First of all, i'm still in the closet, i'm out only to my best friend. I'm planning to come out next summer but now i'm just not ready.

I'm 16 and still in high school, in my class there's this guy i crushed on that i really like. We're great friends and sometimes he gets too close for a straight dude. During this summer we haven't talked much but lately we've started texting again, probably because school starts next week for us.

Today he sent me a message saying "hey" with some hearts attached to it. I don't know how to respond. I don't know what his intentions are with 100% certainty. I'm scared he might out me if i'm not careful.

What should i say to keep the possibility of a relationship open, but not risking being outed.

#1 ThatFabGuy, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Be more specific.
    What do you mean by "sometimes he gets too close?"

Anyway, about the hearts...
    You said you two haven't talked for a while but then he shows up with some freaky hearts?
    That would be normal(kinda) if you two were closer but you're not.

3. guitar

Write him back and say something like "hey mate, missed you. How've you been?" That way you're friendly but not overly excited.

4. ThatFabGuy

Well, last year he was sitting next to me and he hugged me a couple of times when he found out i passed an important test. Sometimes he'll start saying i'm unique in a joking manner.

I think we both know what's up but we're not 100% sure. I would love to just tell him how i feel, but there is a slim chance he might be straight and that wouldn't go so well.

We began chatting and he kept putting a heart at the end of his texts. Then we started talking about my vacation and he brought up girls. He asked me if i found a girl while i was there, if there were any cute girls at the beach and so on.

I just said i was there to relax and i had to look after my little brother.
    It feels like he's trying to check if im straight or not.

5. Acuba403

Just role with it for now, wait until you're sure that you can trust him or you are sure of his orientation then if you're comfortable come out to him. That's all I can really think of with this information. Your best bet is to get some one on one time with him, whether it's doing some sort of activity, or even just ask him to help you study. If there is a Pride celebration somehow bring that up casually. Other than that it's up to your judgment but that's how I would go about it if I wasn't 100% sure.