1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Advice is needed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hello1234, Sep 9, 2015.

1. hello1234

Hi everyone!

So I just have a situation that I kind of want an opinion on...
    Im a girl in my late teens, straight but starting to question that because I've developed feelings for my girl best friend who is the same age as me and also straight (but I dont know for sure!). I really really like her a lot and i'm like 90% positive she feels the same way about me. We have admitted to each other several times that we're in a "secret relationship" and that we don't want anyone to know about us. Doesn't that basically mean we're a "thing????" I'm just so confused.
    We cuddle whenever we're together and kiss each other on the cheek, although I really want to try kissing her on the lips sometime...She slapped my a** once haha and we have sleepovers a lot. We both really love being physically intimate with each other at those times. But we're both super serious about not letting "our secret" get out to anyone else. But yet we've never told one another that we like the other person or that we're even a couple. Its SO confusing.
    I dont want to tell her that I like her in case she doesnt like me back that way!
    But I feel like she does but she may be "closeted" in a way...she may not want to admit to herself that she's into me that way because she's afraid of being judged. But I dont know what to think. Do you think I should tell her? Do you think she feels the same way about me? Advice is much appreciated! thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. Acuba403

I find that the best way to figure out if someone is gay/bi ect. (or at least pro LGBT) is to just casually bring up something about the subject, Kim Davis is a hot topic on that subject right now or if there's a pride event coming up mention that, then based on her reaction and how she responds to that, decide whether or not to tell her your feelings. That's the only way in know, there's probably more ways. Hope I helped :slight_smile:

3. hello1234

Oh she is for sure pro LGBT - we talk about Ellen DeGeneres all the time and we both LOVE her so much! There's no issues there. Does you have any other ideas or opinions on my situation? Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

4. Mallose Terrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would bring it up with her when you two have spare time. Maybe at a sleepover, since you have those often. Tell her how you feel, and what you feel for her. You claim she's a best friend, and I don't know how strong your bond is but it sounds very deep. She'll be open and up for discussion I bet. Ask what you two are, or if she is ready for a full-blown relationship. Coming out of the closet is difficult, heck I'm still trying to do so myself. If she isn't comfortable coming out that is fine, just be there to support her. Best wishes!

5. hello1234

That was great advice thank you! I'll keep that in mind to try next time I see her. Does anyone else have any input on the situation? Thanks :slight_smile:

6. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

My best advice would be to tread very lightly. Middle school and high school girls are often times the most affectionate they will ever be in their life. One may interpret the relationship as romantic while the other sees it as an exploration of new forms of intimacy outside the family structure. But asking is still your best bet especially because it doesn't seem like she would reject your friendship even if she doesn't feel the same way. (in my experience not asking will drive you crazy after a while.)

7. hello1234

Yeah we have a super deep bond and we both love each other SO much. We say it all the time. I'll try talking to her about it next time I see her at a sleepover. Thank you! Any other advice? Thanks everyone!!! :slight_smile:

8. Acuba403

If you trust her, you'll be fine. Good luck.

9. hello1234

Does anyone have any further opinions on my situation? Or like what we are? If that makes sense. I just really feel like we are ALREADY more than friends based on how we act and treat each other but I have no clue honestly. We have pet names for each other and call each other "babe" and "baby" or "bb" and the cuddling and stuff really throws me off. We also text constantly...I mean like 24/7. We say "I love you" all the time and we tease each other all the time. But we also fight a lot too, some are really bad, like a lot of couples experience. But we always pull through from those fights even stronger than we were. We also say good morning and goodnight to each other, just like a couple would. I really really like her and am pretty attracted to her but I have no clue if she feels the same for me! I would guess she maybe does based on all the signs she gives me but honestly I have no idea!!! Like I said before, we have both admitted to each other that we have a "secret" relationship that no one is allowed to know about. But doesn't that basically mean we're a "thing" then??? I am just so confused... :-(
    Does anyone have any other opinions? Thanks so much for your help so far everyone!!:slight_smile:

10. Acuba403

It's hard for to tell, it sounds like she does but I have a hard time with people. All you can really do at this point is just tell her how you feel, I doubt it will go sour. best of luck(*hug*)