1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my mom questioning me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lone Dragon, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so my mom and I were watching tennis and my mom loves Rafael Nadal. He just recently had an underwear ad and she kept saying how good he looks. Then she kept saying do you think he looks good and other stuff like have you seen his abs? And this isn’t the first time she said this about somebody. I say this bc a couple of weeks ago during my college orientation she was talking to me about when you get older and marry this girl etc. She's said this multiple times through out my life as well.

Are these hints or just a casual conversation? I feel like I'm getting mix messages here.

I don’t know maybe I’m over reacting. I’ve never talked about my sexuality or anything to my parents. It’s a topic I try to avoid around in the house.

It just makes me wonder if she’s questioning. I mean I’ve never really shown signs of being “straight”. And just the thought of her asking would make me break down.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Seems like it's possible she's questioning. But I think you can't really tell for sure based on what she's done. I think you'll just have to wait it out and watch for more signs. Other than that, I wouldn't stress about it too much. If she is questioning, maybe she's dropping hints like that to let you know she'd be okay if you were gay and when you're ready to come out to her one day she'll be ready to hear that. But still you really can't tell for sure with these things.

#2 bubbles123, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  3. AnanasKatze

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom used to always talk about that kind of stuff around me, which worried me for time too, but then I realized she did it just as much with my dad and brother haha so I realized that didnt necessarily mean anything in my situation. I guess for you it would depend on if she just started to talk about this stuff recently or not, and whether its only with you. Does she mention this stuff to any other guys that you know of? And if she mentions hypothetical situations of you being with a woman, she most likely doesn't know. If she does, it's gotta be a really really slight suspicion. Do you ever plan on coming out to her at any point in the future? Even far down the road? If I may ask.

4. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I'll probably wait it out and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Thanks and I think so. She talks to my dad, but he's not really paying attention. I don't know maybe she would just talk to anyone should could.
    And yeah I do plan on coming out, just kind of trying to get life together first I guess. Which I hope is soon, but I don't want to put a date on it. :slight_smile: