1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like I'm being pushed out of the closet by my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by scctke, Sep 10, 2015.

1. scctke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So... I'm a 19yo sophomore at SEMO and just recently began identifying as bi and have told a few of my close friends. Since them I have been questioned as to if I'm sure I'm bi and not gay and why I haven't come out to more people quicker. I hooked up with a guy last night and kinds the awkward parts loved it. My fraternity brother let me use his room because my roommate was being an ass (he doesn't know m bi and thought I got wit a chick). But as the guy was leaving his suite mate walked out and saw him. I've been stressing out because I feel like I'm being pushed out of the closet too quickly not just by that but also by my "friends" and don't know what to do and where to start. I wanted to come to you so I could vent what I was thinking and also possibly get some advice for my situation. Thank you guys

2. Nick1020

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel like your friends are pushing you out tell them that you're just not ready. Coming out is something you do for yourself when you are ready in your own time. As for people seeing you leave with another boy, let them assume what they will, or if you're comfortable tell them the truth.