1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

college

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by who am I, Jun 6, 2007.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont know if should come out at college but i have told 3 other people, but there are some other people in my class and they use the gay word most of the time and tell this other person that they gay when they aren't. I dont if should come out need help it would be much appriciated. :icon_bigg

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    People might not be so tempted to make these hurtful remarks if they know somebody in their class is gay.

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

Sometimes they just say it out of habit..and they wouldn't if they thought about it...
    cause people say thing like "Oh thats retarted" But if you think about it...they dont really have anyhting against handicapped people....its just a term that has also grown to mean "Stupid or ANnoying"

But i dont think they mean to offend any gay people...soem people might but we cant change em all:lol:

4. ampthejazz

Well, tell us a little more about your college. Is it really big? Small? Does it have many LGBT students? Where do most students stand politically and religiously?

I think coming out in college is a great idea, but only if your college is right for it. If the college is big enough and/or diverse enough, there shouldn't be much problem in making friends that will accept you for who you are.

Then again, I've never been to college, so I wouldn't know.