1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as gender fluid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starting Out, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Starting Out

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,

So I've recently (about 8 months ago) come across the term genderfluid. I suppose the term doesn't mean too much to me, but it does describe exactly how I feel. It also is giving me a lot of hope that I can use this word to describe to my friends and family what I'm feeling and they can search for and find information.

As I have been exploring this and embracing my new found information with myself, I have ordered binders and packers for when I am feeling male, and have got certain outfits for when I'm feeling gender neutral. Ironically, the feeling of freedom this has given me is amazing.

However, I am feeling I'm at the point where I need to discuss this with my partner and family. My partner is the big one. We are the same age, and have been living together for almost 3 years. He has been there for me through depression episodes, self harm, and suicidal leanings. I want him to know why I have been better recently and I dont want to hide this from him.

Any thoughts on things to say or not say? My goal is to hopefully explain, and give him the option for out of the relationship because he didn't sign up for this.

Thanks,
    Jess