1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out as Homoromantic Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by grungeteen, Sep 14, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So I already am out to friends and stuff as just bisexual but I think (at least for now) I am a homoromantic bisexual but I don't know whether I should just stick to bisexual or add the homoromantic aswell. The only problem is that a lot of people don't know what homoromantic is and it just might confuse people or something and it could be just simpler to stay as just bisexual but then again...? What do you think?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's all about what you're more comfortable presenting as to others. If you feel bisexual is enough, it's enough. Homoromantic is obviously important to because that's something you identify with, but I think (and this is just my take on it) since it's still bisexuality at its core that's really the most important part people should know, just that you're attracted to guys and girls.

That doesn't really change anything since you'd still be attracted to the same people and it wouldn't be anyone your friends wouldn't expect since you're already out as bisexual. But either way, they don't need to know exactly anyway. If you think about it, it is kind of weird to have to come out about your sexual and romantic preferences, but that's just the way it is in our society.
    If you want to tell them, I guess it doesn't have to be a big coming out thing, since bisexuality is still the core term you're using, but that's up to you because I don't know your exact situation and what your friends are like, etc.

Again, this is totally just my opinion and you should do whatever would make you most comfortable and allow you to feel most authentic around others.
    Best wishes<3

3. alli o

alli o Guest

if you are really passionate about being homoromantic, bisexual and you want the world to learn about this and you don't mind explain it to people to further their knowledge then I would say go for it but if you don't wanna attract to much attention to yourself or simply don't care very much at all the I would recommend keeping to yourself but if it were me I would tell my closetest friends and family mainly just the people I actually care about and if they know this that I am homoromantic..etc and take time to explain this to them but the general public as bi