1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tell best friend im gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by random guy, Sep 14, 2015.

1. random guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i want to tell him that i am gay but dont want him to be weirded out i also really love him but dont think i should tell him yet so any good ideas on how to tell him (he is a good friend we have been friends for 6+ years)

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Do you think he would be accepting? If you don't know for sure and you want to get a feel for that, you could try bringing up LGBT+ stuff in the news (like the Kentucky county clerk case) and see what his opinion is.

If you hang out with him outside of school, you could tell him then. Although sometimes that can be harder because if you're worried about it being awkward then you're all alone with him right after you tell him. If you're worried about that, the best option would be either through text/email or by telling him in school.
    If you tell him in school, you could ask him if you could talk about something and when you're alone with him, just tell him. You could say "This shouldn't change anything but I just wanted to tell you that I'm gay." or something like that. If it's in between classes or anything that could help to diffuse any awkward situations that could arise. Because then you just get right back into your normal routine.

3. random guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    we were going to the movies later this week so i may tell him then

4. 50ishandout

If he's truly your friend he'll support you.

5. IrishJ

Hopefully there will be no issue, you say that you really love him, maybe he really loves you. Don't be afraid, whatever happens - happens, you should feel better sharing this truth with your best friend. Be well - J

6. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's tough but feels a lot better after letting it out. I was about to chicken out and then my friend said, "so hey! hows the sex life" haha. Good luck to you my good sir, and may the gay be forever in your favor.