1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Like 2009

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shaylyn, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Shaylyn

This year is not looking good...and we're only four days into it.

I spent my New Year's trying to calm my ex-girlfriend down on the phone because she was having a bad trip off of some Triple C.

January 2nd, my cat died at 5 am while I was at my grandmother's house. Now...I know some people don't get attached to animals and will think "Pft, an animal, plenty more in the world." But I loved this cat dearly. He was my cat through and through, I saved him when he was a kitten, took him in, took care of him. He slept in my bed every night, chilled in the bathroom every time I took a shower, came every time I called him. Plus he was an amazing listener when no one else was there. And very huggable. The thing that kills me is that he was perfectly healthy...only 6 years old, nothing wrong with him. I miss my Mikey, he was my little baby =[

So of course I call up my ex-girlfriend crying on the phone. Ask her to come visit me and make me feel better (we live 2 and a half hours away from each other). Thing is...even though we broke up...we act like nothing's happened. We didn't talk for about a week...realized that it sucked, started talking again. We're laying in my bed, I ask her to be my girlfriend again. She says "I don't know..." I sat there in silence for a while, then said "I don't know how you can lay in bed next to me and tell me you love me, but can't be my girlfriend." She said "We'll talk about it later...we'll work it all out." Whatever that means. We spent the rest of the night cuddling in bed, then chilled the next day. She left that night because she had to work early this morning.

Now it's time to go back to school, and I am ridiculously behind in my work.

I need something good to happen already. Cause I can definitely feel that depression coming on pretty soon. *Sigh*

2. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am so sorry it is sucking for you so early in the year. I know that kind of pet loss. It pretty much just eats a hole right through you. It takes forever but the pain lessens in frequency over time.(*hug*)

3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm horrible with sympathy, but (*hug*)...
    I know how you feel about your cat though, I had a gerbil and he was the coolest thing ever, I know, a gerbil, you can't cuddle with them because they start to nip you after a minute or two, and they're rodents so nobody got my sadness either... Again (*hug*)'s...
    I wish you lots of good luck with that relationship and also with figuring it out, that sounds like a really awkward/weird/annoying situation...
    RIP Mikey

I just found out that my aunt is moving out of their (my uncle, her, and my cousins) house so my new years hasn't been that great either... They live in Edmonton so I don't see them very often (twice a year, maybe three or four times) but it still sucks.
    We can be *I've had a horrible start to the new year but it's going to get better (it has too)* buddies. (*hug*)

4. Lizz K

That all around does suck. I think your ex likes things the way they are and is afraid to label it. Like I think she's afraid of the commitment and loss of freedom. Sucky situation. I'm sooo sorry about your cat, too. If my dog died I know I'd be in shreds, and it's even worse for you because you brought him up. It will most definitely get better because obviously the plan is for all the crap to happen now to make room for a wonderful year for you.

5. Mickey

I'm sorry you lost your cat. I know how they become part of a family and a part of you.
    Everybody's life is good times and bad times. You're just kinda in a slump.
    You know that things,as bad as they seem,don't stay bad forever.
    Tomorrow or next week may be a complete turn around and things will be better,again.
    When life gets you down,try to think of the positive things you have,in your life.
    It really will get better. Think positive and I wish you the best.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sorry about your kitty. (*hug*)

7. STK

STK Guest

I'm sorry about your cat. Believe me, I know what it's like to lose a pet. It ain't fun.

Hang in there though.

8. starfish

I'm sorry about your cat. (*hug*)

9. george678

Sorry for a shit new year things happen I had a chat who was 19 and I loved her to!
    But with your girlfriend i think you should work it out but if she dont want to be back together dont force her.:wink:

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry for the loss of your cat. I know how important animals can be to people. They're part of the family. I hope 2009 starts turning around for you. (&&&)

11. Shaylyn

I'm sorry that your New Year hasn't been great either. (*hug*) We'll definitely be able to appreciate it when things pick up =]

And thanks everyone, feeling a little better already. =]