1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm doing it again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shyvin, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Shyvin

I've never really asked for help during these phases. About once every two-three months I will go through a bout where no matter how I feel or what I think I deny myself of ever accepting my sexuality. I ignore everything and become closed in. This will go on for about a month.

It JUST kicked in about thirty minutes ago. And I'm already going through and deleting all the letters I've written and everything I have that could link me to being homosexual. I usually go so far as to delete bookmarks to places like this and stop posting completely. For some reason I'm making a thread here. Maybe I'm starting to fight it. I don't know.

If I don't post for a long time, you'll know why.

2. Lizz K

There's no reason to fight it! You just have to tell yourself that no matter what your orientation you're still yourself and nothing will change that. Telling yourself you're straight won't actually make that true. You'll still be who you are and you really just need to stay strong and don't give in.

3. I do the same exact thing only there's no real way to tell when mine are going to end. The only real thing to do is just ride them out unfortunately =\

4. george678

What the hell ok so carry on a fight all your life you are being silly you are who you are no matter what OK? you cant change that.

5. Shyvin

I know, and you're 100% right, but this is just something that I go through.

6. Peter

There is a difference between what you are and what you do. Accept what and who you are - that is critical for your mental health and general well-being. If you want to "get on the wagon" for a while and not act accordingly that should not worry you. It is better than spending too much time thinking about your sexuality and not getting other things done.(*hug*)

7. EM68

I went though phases where I was denying my sexuality. All it got me was more upset and depressed. The sooner you can accept yourself the sooner you will be happy. I really can not give you too much advice on how to work through these phases, but by posting this thread you are starting to move in the right direction. :thumbsup: