1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I bother coming out again? Gay- Bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChefBiSea, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ChefBiSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a man. I've been attracted to men (and no women) since I was 6. I finally came to terms with the fact that I was gay at 13, and was pushed out of the closet at 15. I've only desired, chased, and had relationships with men up to this point in my life. I came out as gay to 30k people on the Internet in one of my videos, so I consider myself a proud queer.

But these past few months, I've begun to feel that I'm bisexual. Women have never repulsed or disgusted me, I'm starting to feel physical and emotional attractions to women, and my interest in men has tempered a bit. It's nearly even now, and I'd be interested in seeing a woman next in a relationship. I'm also open to transgender individuals.

My family is unsupportive of LGBT people, and they only know I'm gay. My friends only think I'm gay too except for a few close ones I've talked to.

The thing is, I'm not really in a place to date right now, although I'm still sexual. Should I bother coming out again? To friends, family, or my followers?

2. jemand

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My stance is that it's no one's business what your sexuality is except for yours. And your partner's.

So if you feel as though coming out again would benefit you, then maybe you might enjoy coming out again.

But if your parents aren't accepting of you as gay and you lead them on by telling them you could probably be attracted to women, too, they may try to encourage that and force you to be exclusive to women.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to come out to my own parents as bi. I don't want them to try to force me to do something I don't want to do. They ain't own my life.

3. ChefBiSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear ya'. They also only want me to date a Christian, and only when I'm ready to marry. And of course, no sex before marriage, and only straight marriage matters. That old noise. I think I've already written off sharing this news with them like it's something interesting I've discovered about myself because I know there's nothing good they will do with the information.