1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did i make a mistake?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paul7836, Jun 6, 2007.

1. paul7836

I had never really had attraction to girls, and now i have started being really attracted to some of the guys i have known for years. So a few days ago i just couldent keep it all in, and told one of my best friends (a girl) that i thought i was gay. She Was like "thats a new one" and proceeded to tell me that it was probably just a phase. So then i started asking myself if it was a phase. And came to the conclusion that I am. The a couple days later another friend was makeing a gay joke, something along the lines of "your not a f*g are you" to someone else, and i for some odd reason thought she was directing it twords me, and told her a bit later. She didnt seem suprised at all. While this has been going on, i guess my mom is sencing that something is wrong, and decided to ask me if i was having "girl trouble". That really got me sorta annoyed. I want to tell her, yet im afraid what she will do when i tell her. Im shure that she will accept me, but i dont know how long it will take. So yesterday, this girl was hitting on me. She had just gone through a breakup (where she treated the guy like crap). I just got over the edge, and annoyed, so told here I am gay. Now she is in some state of depression, and wont tell anyone why. Did I cause this depression? Is it my fault? Should i try to talk to her and comfort her? How should i do this?

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

K firstly NO YOU DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE!! You didn't do anything mean you told her the truth. BUt this has happened to 2 girls i have told (They both had big crushes on me)

They were kinda sad cause ...well ya, but there is nothing i can do about it because i like Guys hehe<3 But seriously...if you don't like her...you cant make yourself like her, its not really your choice.

Maybe try and comfort her and dont be mean about it or anything, but its not your fault.

Hope it works out
    Dont Freak out about it! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

- Josh

3. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course you didn't make a mistake! You like guys, and you told her, and she shouldn't be sad about that. I'd bet something else happened between her and her old boyfriend and she's just trippin' over it. Congralations on coming out to a few people too:thumbsup: