1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FrereApothicair, Sep 16, 2015.

1. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying to decide how and when to come out to my dad, because it's been getting bad and I need to start making progress in my transition (which I can't do until I come out). I checked out my student loans and income v. rent, insurance, and phone expenses, and I would be able to afford to support myself if my dad reacts badly. However--I'm supposed to be getting on antidepressants or similar medication soon, and I'm not sure if I should come out now, or wait until I've been on the pills for a while. It's possible the pills will make me feel less awful than I do now, so the need to make progress might very soon be less pressing. What should I do?:help:

2. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, maybe that was a dumb question. What I meant was: should I take the risk and come out now (opening the door sooner to start doing something to feel better long-term), if there's a chance I'll be feeling well enough (read: less desperate) soon that I can put off the stressful and harrowing experience until I have a better feel for how he'll respond?