1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once you Come Out everyone has a Gay __________

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 50ishandout, Sep 16, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

Seemed that once I started to Come Out everyone had to let me know they have a Gay brother, sister, uncle, aunt, best friend. I even had a great friend tell me his grandfather was Gay.

Guess I'll be the Gay brother, uncle, friend for others in the future.

#1 50ishandout, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. jemand

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Isn't that kind of fun, though? I kind of want to be gay just so that my sister can have a gay brother. I feel like she'd love that.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny cuz my 12 year old is actually very happy about me coming out cuz she looks forward to the idea of having two gay dads.

4. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mother's best friend since childhood is gay (man) and we think one of my cousins is gay (I think he is a junior or senior in HS now). There is probably more but time will reveal.

5. guitar

When I came out on Facebook a few months ago, I heard this line about 30 times that day. What's crazier is 3 times instead of hearing I have a gay ______, I heard "I am gay!"

6. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, one person having the guts to come out can have the effect of helping others come out as well.
    The did you know your Great Aunt _________ was gay made me think of my relatives, especially the older generation- the ones that were already much older than I am now when I was little but old enough to remember them in the early 80's. You know, the extremely happy, confident, fulfilled unmarried aunt or uncle who was always going on trips with friends and bringing you back cool souvenirs. I had one or two of those and I'm thinking about them now.
    Too bad Ancestry.com can't help you figure out how many of your ancestors were in the closet. But from now on at least some of us will leave marriage certificates for posterity. That's actually really cool when I think about it.

7. 50ishandout

I've had one person Come as gay and one as Transgender. I can't believe the strange journey I'm on.

---------- Post added 17th Sep 2015 at 12:51 AM ----------

So know I have to find the "Cool " souvenirs. More pressure.