1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I kind of came out at work....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caddyats13, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Caddyats13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So interestingly enough I meant a guy who works at my job at a gay happy hour and we have become cool. He is out at work. Lately we have been grabbing lunch etc. I have been feeling kind of bad that my close group of friends at work may find out I am gay through the grapevine since he is the the company softball team with a lot of my colleagues and been actively thinking of ways to tell them.

Anyways today I am Lync (IM) chatting one of my colleagues and I was talking about how I wanted a particular piece of clothing that GQ recommended. After that she asks me "are you gay?, because the only guys I know who read GQ are gay." She is a pretty bold person and in the past I would have been so anger that she asked the question but I was excited because I am at the point if you ask me you I will tell you. She then apologized and said if I am she is cool with it. After a few hahaha i said "I am thank you for the support" The fear, happiness and excitement I got in writing that post.

Afterward she said I am not sure if you are joking but I am happy for you. However I did not not address this comment :bang: We have lync-ed since but I feel like I need to make it official and retell her but I am unsure of how I should do it. I went from being so a courageous lion and now back to a small kitten.:tantrum:

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't mind being out at my job but its a small business and I work with nothing but males. I don't like the idea of them thinking they have to worry about if I'm checking them out or something. I have to think of a diplomatic way of telling them "no chance in hell".

#2 angeluscrzy, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. BisexualBicycle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at least you're out to her! Good luck later on in life!

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe as part of clarifying with this woman you can tell her your dilemma of wanting to be out at work but not sure how to approach it. She seems like a possible ally and that may be what you need.

5. Caddyats13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone! It is a strange feeling but taking it day by day