1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl told me she liked me, so I came out to her

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coolusername11, Sep 16, 2015.

1. coolusername11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey - so this is my first post and I needed to turn somewhere and just vent out and get some advice so thanks in advance. I'll try to keep this brief.

I've known this girl for just over two years and had a pretty good idea she's liked me since day one. She's done and said a lot of things that have made it pretty obvious that she's liked me. I haven't led her on or anything but definitely become good friends with her and hoped for the day.

A week ago, she told me she liked me and I came out to her. I thought it was the best thing to do but I feel like absolutely terrible about it. She was really upset and crying, and hasn't isn't doing the best about it. She made me feel bad about not telling her and about how I more less wasted her time by playing along. I don't blame her for feeling that way - I'm honestly really angry at myself for not hinting at it harder with her or distancing myself. I never meant to hurt her but unintentionally did.

Does anyone have any stories or advice about this? I'm sure it's been posted before but I really need some support around it. I know I should of told her sooner, but now I just don't know what to do.

2. 50ishandout

During my questioning stage I went on a date with a woman I was going back and forth with on Facebook. She was a nice gal, just well wasn't my type.

I avoided her for months. I August we were in the same place. I Came Out to her and she was supportive. She then senthe me a Private message a couple of days later congratulating me.

Don't know if it helps, but it's my experience.