1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Am I Supposed To Do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Snidi, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all!

I'm gender fluid, and I want to come out, but I don't know how the heck I could pull that off. :frowning2:. I want to write a letter...but I can't. What's the mental blockage there? I don't understand...

Please help me. I don't know what to do.

2. guitar

How about writing it just as a journal? Whenever you're blue, just write a storm of your thoughts to get them out there? Write it as though you're writing it to a friend who knows nothing about you. It can be rather therapeutic just to put your thoughts on a page. That way you can organize what you're really feeling.

3. Acuba403

I don't know about letters because I came out/dragged out by voice, but I know there are counselors that can help you. If you are in school whether its grade school or post secondary there are usually counselors provided to students free of charge that can help you come out whether with them or else where. I'm sure they can also help you wright a letter if that's what your heart is set on. Hope this helped :slight_smile:

4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to know if maybe you're ashamed or scared of it getting you emotionally rejected?
    Or maybe you just don't know enough about yourself to say something yet as fact?

5. BroHam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe take a minute to sit down and think about whats causing you to feel worried about coming out about it.

6. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Not in school, so this isn't super relevant...

I feel like I know for a fact that this feeling exists, but I don't know the severity of it and how it contributes to my depression. I'm certainly scared of being emotionally rejected- or even if not that- I'm scared of being interpreted in a bizarre fashion.

I'm trying, but I can't come up with anything. All I can say is that I fear ridicule and a lack of acceptance.

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So. You have been genderfluid for a while right? And you express yourself naturally in girly and boyish ways on different occasions, right? Do you think they haven't caught on already? Or do you NEVER express yourself outwardly any other way than male?