1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to come out as Transgender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SandyTG, Sep 18, 2015.

1. SandyTG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have come out to a few friends that I am a transgender woman and they have been cool about it and I came out to my real mom because I really didn't think I had much to lose from our relationship because I hadn't seen her in over twenty years. She was very supportive of me and even wanted me to move to San Fran because she said that if you live there you can get the surgery done for free which I am not sure that is right but I really don't want to live in a city right now.

I am nervous to tell my dad and my stepmom and the rest of my family because I am not sure how serious I am about ever making the transition to becoming a real woman, I mean not a real one but the entire process. I enjoy dressing up and feeling feminine which for me is great because my outter vibe and appearance is totally masculine.

I haven't even tried to dress in public yet, I am just scared and nervous and plus everytime that I buy clothes I get scared that someone will find them and I get rid of them. Talk about an expensive lifestyle, lol

I guess I am not sure if I will ever come out more than I have already came up to some people but perhaps it will happen. I feel like its only part of who I really am as a person.