1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as bi as a teenage girl??!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rae22, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Rae22

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just feel like there's so much stigma attached to teenage girls coming out as bi. Everyone seems to think it's just girls who aren't sure of themselves or who want attention, but attention is the last thing I want. I just want to know that I'm accepted for who I really am, but I'm so terrified that my friends who are girls will treat me differently. I also suffer from social anxiety which makes this whole thing worse (this disorder also has negative stigma in teenage girls. I swear I'm not one of those girls who invents problems for themselves please believe me ). So I'm fighting with myself inside to be honest - the part of me that isn't socially anxious wants me to just come out and say fuck what anyone thinks because if people really matter they won't mind. But there part of me that is socially anxious believes that what other people think is everything so I cannot let anyone find out. I don't know wether coming out would be a good idea or not because I just don't want anything to change, or to ruin any friendships or to make anybody uncomfortable in my company. Anyone else been in the same position?? Any advice would be absolutely great! Thanks x:help::eek::tantrum::eusa_liar

2. AsheTheHuman

I was in a very similar situation before. As far as friends go... It really depends. I personally lost two of my friends when I came out, but the one friend I didn't lose is now closet to me than ever. I also struggle with social anxiety, and coming out was intenselydifficult as such. But I was able to do it. It's not impossible. I know you can do it as well. As for not wanting things to change or for friendships to be ruined of people to be uncomfortable, none of that's on you. Nothing should change, no friendships should be ruined, and no one should be uncomfortable, but if they are, it is entirely on them. It's not your fault people are bogots. Anyways, if you have more specific advice you want to ask, feel free to send it my way, if not, hope this helped.