1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Is Wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

OK, I need some advice. I've been dating this guy whom I thought was cool, though I have almost nothing in common with. WE made out last night at the beach (in a car) and I felt no real emotional attachment-I have kissed random strangers and never felt this.

Is this a bad sign or just nerves?

2. s5m1

I am not sure what you mean by "bad sign or just nerves." It just sounds like this is not the guy for you.

3. Lizz K

Well if you two don't have anything in common then this might not be going anywhere. Maybe you're just with him because it's better than being lonely and now your heart's telling you that you're really not into it. If it were nerves you'd probably still feel something, even if it weren't that strong.

That really sucks that it didn't feel the way you wanted it to!

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Thats what my friends are telling me....part of me likes him, but some think its cause I needed someone in my life. I am so confused and depressed.

5. Lizz K

I don't doubt that part of you does like him, it's just that it might be for the wrong reasons you know. Maybe a break and some time to think would help you sort out your feelings?

6. sdc91

If you're not interested in his interests, and vice versa, it won't work out. Your man will come along eventually, no need to rush.

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm horrible with saying no, and breaking up is not in my vocabulary. :/

8. EM68

You sound a lot like me when I was your age. I was afraid to say no to people because you may hurt someones feelings. Its OK to say no to someone or to say that they are not for you. Just tell him as it is and be as honest as him as possible. You sound like a caring guy. You will find someone who you really like. Just take your time.

9. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I cried all day. He hasn't talked to me at all, and me not feeling like we belong together is tearing me apart.

10. sdc91

Yeah, that's tough.

Well, look at it this way: You're doing him a service by freeing him up that'll save him time and major heartbreak (assuming you can't see you two together in the long run right now). That's pretty generous.

11. EM68

(*hug*)

12. Jim1454

It sounds to me like this isn't the right relationship for you. It doesn't have to be like that. It should be something that makes you happy - not sad.

Not every relationship is going to be a 'forever' relationship. Only one or two. So... don't expect it to last forever, because how were you to know that you weren't really compatible without trying?

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Move on. The next guy is likely around the corner, and he'll be better than this one because you know more now about what you're looking for. Good luck!

13. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Yeah, there are periods in people's lives in which their "Instincts" a-hem, take over without any real reason. If you are not emotionally attracted or connected with this person, then their is a strong possibility this relationship will fail. . .

14. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I Think You Should Give It A Little More Time And Get To Know Eachother A Little Bit More. My Ex And I Had Nothing In Common And We Were Together For 4 Years. It Wasn't Always Easy But Sometimes If You Really Want It You Can Make Love Work. Just Don't Settle For Something You Are Unsure Of, Get To Know Him A Little More, Maybe You Are Good For Eachother, Maybe You're Not. You Will Find Out Soon Enough Or Until You Meet Someone Different Who Sweeps You Off Your Feet Like I Did :slight_smile:

Take Things Slow, You Will Find Your Match!

15. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

well I talked to him earlier, he canceled on me for tonight then stopped talking and isn't answering my texts. I've cried half the night and got myself drunk alone....this isn't how a relationship is supposed to be. I keep getting hurt.